[Wine] Help me ( how can i edit the files )

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:11:13 CDT 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM, James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Fred2 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> This depends on the system being used as well.  On my Mac, the files
> are stored in the user 'space' directory.
>
> However, if you are looking to edit the registry, the regedit program
> that is used with Windows also exists for Wine and is used in the same
> manner.  It is best NOT to manually edit the .reg files.

One additional comment:  Some Windows based programs store files in
their 'own' directory.  This directory will be constructed under your
user 'space' directory.  For instance, a program that I use called
eSword creates its own directory and would be located at
/home/<username>/eSword  If you do not find your files in the
/home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/<program name> directory,
look for this type of directory.

James