[Wine] Creating a working desktop shorcut for Rosetta Stone 3.4.5

Guan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 28 01:41:30 CDT 2012

Has anybody had any luck making a working desktop shortcut for Rosetta Stone 3.4.5?  I can get the program to run smoothly, but whenever I try to create a desktop application launcher, no matter how I set it up, it always flat out doesn't work, or it throws some sort of fatal error inside of Rosetta Stone.

I've tried setting it to the wine prefix, then a command path.  I've tried crating a link in the .wine folder and then moving that link to the desktop.  No matter what I try, I can't seem to get it working.  This is not a new problem, but I wonder if anyone has any new solutions to it.