[Wine] Re: Wine Mac Help

imnickb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 28 19:03:19 CDT 2012

I was able to get an application to install and run using Wine, so it could just be that Sound Forge doesn't work and my Wine install is fine. Either way, I expected to be able to install it even if it doesn't run well. I've tried Wine, WineBottler, CrossOver and Macindows. Some of which are based on Wine anyway. I found some information from someone succesfully using Sound Forge with CrossOver. Although it's a different program, I'm wondering if the issues he had to work through will be the same as mine using Wine?

> Sound Forge requires that the .Net Framework, the WMF 11 redist (if you're using an XP bottle) and VC2005 & 2008 SP1 runtimes are installed before the setup will continue.

Could this possibly be my issue? Does anyone have any input? I'm close to giving up, this seems to be extremely difficult!