[Wine] Re: Building a shared WoW64 setup from source

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 30 20:20:37 CDT 2012

Parisa Tatapudy wrote:

> I don't know if I've successfully built a shared WoW64 setup; the instructions at http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64 don't make sense to me: the installation of 64-bit wine described above did not produce a wine-git directory with a configure file in my home directory or anywhere else as far as I can see.

>From what you've posted, what you built was pure 64 bit Wine. It can run many 32 bit apps, but there will be problems with any apps that require a pure 32 bit wineprefix.

The instructions on the wiki page assume you are building Wine from git rather than a tarball. Instructions for getting Wine from git are here: http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine#head-b892e8af0fa963bcd46d9cf494de181128bb8a64

Note that unless you have 64 bit apps you want to run, you do not need to build 64 bit Wine at all. It is much easier to just build 32 bit Wine.