[Wine] installing a windows app

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Apr 18 19:13:26 CDT 2013

I am trying to install Visual Foxpro 3.0 from a CD.  I understand that I
cannot run it from the c: drive when the windows programs are.  Problem
is that I cannot run setup.exe because it is not set as executable, and
I cannot set the executable bit because the program is on a cdrom.

By the way, I am trying 3.0 instead of the 5.0 and up versions because I
don't think linux was arround then vfp3 was, so ms propably didn't do
anything to keep it from working.
In cause anyone need to know, I am funning ubuntu 12.10 and the latest
wine version (1.58?)

Help?