[Wine] installing FlowingSoftware

Fabian Roger fabian.roger at bioenv.gu.se
Thu Feb 21 04:56:30 CST 2013

Dear wine community

I am new to wine and I installed it because I need to run the program FlowingSoftware<http://www.flowingsoftware.com/> (Flowing Software 2.5.0 ) on my mac.

I installed the wine version wine-1.4.1 and I am running Mac OS X Version 10.7.5. When I try to install the program, the installation starts at first (x11 opens and I get a windows-like installation window with the option "extract") but when I click on extract a second windows opens briefly (with the extraction progress bars) and then it crashes.

The Terminal displays the Error Message: fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0

Its crucial for my data analysis to get this program run so any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Fabian

Fabian Roger, Ph.D. student
Dept of Biological and Environmental Sciences
University of Gothenburg
Box 461
SE-405 30 Göteborg
Sweden