[Wine] Any 16 bit Database Programs work under wine?

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Oct 6 22:05:07 CDT 2013

On 10/06/2013 07:29 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM, John Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
>> There does not seem to be a program that is similar to
>> FoxPro/dBASE/Approach, etc. where the user interface/language/database
>> commands are 'under one roof'.
> Options I have used and I can vouch for:
>
> 1. Apache OpenOffice 4.01 and its Base program, if you like GUIs
> www.openoffice.org
>
> 2. Dollybase, a DBase II+ clone
> http://dollybase.sourceforge.net/
> (last updated in 2008 - YMMV)
>
> FC

I went to the dolllybase link.  As I remembered it, it was a DOS
program.  It still is.  I am looking for a gui application.  I currently
use LibreOffice for mainly calc applications in my office only.  The
employees use my foxpro/dos applications to perform office operations.
The base portion of LO is good for creating forms and reports for
databases, but it does not include a language to create applications
like the foxpro/approach/dbfast/etc.

John