[Wine] Serial port issue

Richard Wineland rewineland at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 05:18:08 CDT 2013

Good Day

I am running WINE 1.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 using kernel 2.6.32-51Generic
everything is updated. newer version of Ubuntu will not run unless I
build the kernel and I stink at building kernels.

I have 10 serial ports, 2 on the motherboard, ttyS0 and ttyS1 and 8 on
an external card with ttyCTI0 to ttyCTI7. all are working in Ubuntu.
I have symbolically linked ttyCTI0 to ttyS2 and so on till I get to
ttyCTI7 to ttyS9
If i try and link straight from ttyCTI* to Com * it will not work.
If I do the above and then link just one and it doesn't matter which one
Com1 thru Com9 it works fine. Except for Com10 will not work. When I do
a "cat Com10" there is data there.

How do I get the com10 data in to the wine program and to the software??

I need to have all 10 ports available.

Any help would be appreciated.