[Wine] uninstalling something that didn't work

James E Lang jelly at lang.hm
Wed Apr 2 14:07:24 CDT 2014

That's a good approach Martin. Here is a single generalized version of your script that can be used to run any of many Windows programs. In addition to the ability to work with various programs, it includes  some comments and the ability to restore the initial working directory upon completion.

<code>

#!/bin/bash
# usage: I install this executable script as $HOME/bin/runwine
# To run the Windows program e-sword I simply type runwine e-sword
# or I click a graphic shortcut that does that.
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_${1}
pushd $WINEPREFIX/Program Files/${1}
wine ${1}.exe
popd

</code>

This script can be made more robust by adding a couple of validity tests and more flexible by supporting command line parameters to be passed to the Windows program.

--
Jim