[Wine] nearly all applications immediately crash

MadLoisae at gmx.net MadLoisae at gmx.net
Wed Jan 8 02:46:43 CST 2014

Hello wine-users,

have an issue with my wine.
My system is debian wheezy x86_64 with installed multiarch and
wine-bin:i386, the packages are all from debian so it's wine version 1.4.1.
nearly all applications crash immediately on useraction. the attached
output was from most recent notepad++ installer - I can start it and
click on next, I can see the license a very short moment and the
installer disappears with an error in console I started from.

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x000000f9 at address
0x7bc4aa6b (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0x7bc4aa6b

the attached output is with WINEDEBUG=+relay

if I copy a windows-installed Notepad++ to program directory and start
it from there, I can open files and immediately it crashes.
Sometimes the text is displayed, if I then scroll or do anything in
program it ... crashes. :-/

I tried so far some gdi based winetricks, also I tried several times
purging wine complete (including removing .wine), did not help.

my system is headless, no monitor attached. vncserver runs on it, icewm
as window manager.

any ideas?

Thanks!

Alois