[Wine] WordPerfect12

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:20:03 CDT 2014

Hi doug / John.

I would recommend that the very first thing you should do (with
essentially any problematic app in Wine) is first consult WineHQ's
appDB and see if there are any workarounds to your problem /how well
it is supported (which AFAICT there does appear to be, in the case of
your crashing on saving).

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3522&iTestingId=5283

Apparently the 'enhanced dialogs' used in WordPerfect12 cause it to
crash under wine, you must disable them to properly load/save
documents. [just scroll down the page abit for instructions on how to
disable them].

if it still doesn't work, then John is quite correct, you should run
your app from a shell, see if you can spot the problem or gather that
information for someone who better understands the output. [then take
that info to the forum for help].

cheerz

jordan