Wineconf committee

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Nov 30 13:39:02 CST 2004

Jeremy White wrote:

> Shachar Shemesh wrote:

>> I think it would be better to dust that one off, so that we make sure
>> no one is dropped off the loop.
>

> Good point; in theory, we should all get way too many copies of this
> email,
> and then we can just shift to the mailing list.

Goody. I've removed everyone but you from the CC list. Let's start the
double receive from scratch on this thread......

> As far as sponsoring, I think the more sponsors the better.
> Last year, we spent about $3,000 (not counting travel), and the
> Wine donations covered about another $1,600 in travel sponsorships.
>
> We seem to be on course for spending less money this coming
> year, but perhaps LinGnu could pick up the cost for
> a morning coffee/donut session.

That should not be a problem. I would prefer, however, for our
sponsorship to be of the conference, rather than a specific part of it.
Of course, one can take that money and BUY a breakfast......

> We could also charge an admission fee if we feel that we need more.

I think this one is best avoided. At least from wine hackers. I think
this conference is important for the project, and at least as a symbol,
I think people who contribute to the project should not have to pay.

> The key question is whether we'll need to cover custodial and
> other charges for the University facility; if we do, that
> could be significant money.  My preference would be to have it
> open to all, if we can afford that.

Let's try to figure out the expenses before figuring out the income
sources. First thing's first. We need a place.

> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy

       Shachar

--