WineConf Agenda

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Apr 3 13:46:21 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:57:58PM +1000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:
> In each case I will be trying to encourage methods which can store the
> full NTFS semantics, rather than limiting ourselves to only the things
> that fit natually in posix filesystems. I'm guessing we will have some
> lively discussion on whether this is a worthwhile aim :-)

Speaking of which, both Samba and Wine suffer from the lack of support
of cases-insensitivness in the kernel. Now, I'm not suggesting that
we should push for that (I'm aware of the past discussions on LKML, and
I must agree with Linus), but we should push for *something* that's
acceptable and helps us solve the negative lookups a bit faster than a
full directory listing every time.

--
Dimi.