let the car pool coordinations begin

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Apr 26 05:06:39 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:45:30PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I'll be arriving at Stuttgart on Friday at 11:50, on flight AF1708.
> I'll be leaving on Monday at 08:30 (early wakeup for me).
>
> I won't have a car, but if other people arrive more or less the same
> time, we can share a taxi/train. I'll be staying at the Deusche Telekom.
>
> If anyone is coming on similar times, please let me know.
>
> On a different thread, I'm considering buying a Mac mini while there.
> Can anyone local let me know where a nearby computer store might be that
> is likely to carry Macs?
http://www.metacomp.de
(http://www.metacomp.de/pure/hwa_1/hwa_1_00.php?Gruppe=49&Untergruppe=185#oben)
is quite near (3km?) and has a rather big product portfolio,
they also have some Mac systems, but I didn't see the Mac mini on a first
glance. I'd fully expect them to have such a frequently-sold system, though.
Their pricing is slightly "advanced", though.

Other shops might be http://www.kmelektronik.de , somewhat further away
(very cheap, but warranty service is said to be problematic at times -
I've bought heaps of hardware there without any issues on some less lucky
days, however)

And another very big one, http://www.arlt.COM(!). Said to be relatively more
competent than some other shops, moderate pricing.

Andreas Mohr