Planning meals for Wineconf

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 14:09:29 CDT 2005

Hello,

Jeremy White wrote:
> I worry that we have left this a little bit too late, and
> that we have not been giving Herr Gemkow enough support.
>
> At this point, I understand that we have the following
> plans:
>
>   1.  Coffee to be provided by the University, as they
>       have good high powered coffee makers.
>
>   2.  Rolls of some sort to be bought and brought in
>       separately by local volunteers, whether that's
>       Michael, Andi, or Brian is not yet clear.
Yeah, I'm bringing some stuff from the backery in the morning with me.
I'll check in the "Metro" if they have some sort of roles in big
packages. But i suspect so.
All this if the doc wont ground me (got ill over the weekend in Milano
and I can go to the doc only on thursday as I return only tomorrow).

>       The thinking is that most folks will have breakfast
>       at their hotel, so the rolls/donuts are a 'nice to
>       have', not a 'have to have'.
>
>   3.  Lunch is still open.  I think if we just ordered
>       30 pizzas delivered along with some soda that would
>       suffice.  I don't know if there are more elaborate
>       plans than that, or if it would be okay for us to
>       have pizza in the meeting rooms.
I think there is some more healthier food planned, Mr Gemkow would know
more. The US guys should survive that ;)

>   4.  Dinner Saturday I think we're nearly done on; I understand
>       that Hans-Ulrich is making a reservation for us on
>       Saturday.
>
> Is that about right?  Am I way behind the curve?
>
> It seems to me that if we could have someone to volunteer
> to take care of rolls (there are two days, so maybe two
> volunteers), and if someone could volunteer to figure
> out lunch, that we would maybe have this covered.
>
> As far as how this all gets paid for, I think we're still
> figuring out who is willing to sponsor what events; CodeWeavers
> will at the least cover any otherwise unclaimed expenses,
> so folks should certainly feel comfortable scheduling pizza
> deliveries knowing that someone will step up to pay for it.
>
> (I was planning on picking up dinner on Saturday; if all other
> expenses get to be too much, I'm going to assume no one will mind
> going dutch on Saturday; we're looking at ~20-25 EUR/person).

bye
	michael

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart