Agenda

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Feb 10 22:19:49 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

Okay, it looks like we've got about 41 people RSVP'd.  About 5 from
CodeWeavers that are going haven't RSVP'd, and a number RSVP'd to say no,
and there were 1 or 2 dups.

So I would make a WAG (wild ass guess) that we're going to have about 50
when the dust all settles.

It looks like a pretty eclectic mix, too.  A lot of Samba, a lot of
ReactOS, really quite a mix.

So I have no idea how we want to structure an agenda.

We need an agenda, and someone (or multiple someones) to serve as the M.C.

At this point, I think the only givens are a short intro and welcome
to Stuttgart by WRS and then a keynote by Alexandre.

Last year, we ended up having no shortage of speakers.  At first,
I was panicked because we were short, but it filled up
(and we even had to cram people in a bit).

Personally, I think we should try to be pretty severe in
limiting the number and length of presentations.   In fact,
I think the ideal may be a short (< 30 minutes) presentation followed
by a 30-45 minute break.  Everyone can come to the start to be
polite, and people really interested can stay and discuss further.
Everyone else can head back to the other room for general
topics.

I had one ISV that was using Wine express an interest in
presenting; I've emailed him just now to see if he's still
interested.

I'd like to present (and pitch) the cxtest visual regression
stuff we're doing, but that's my personal agenda, and could
take a back seat to something else.

Anyone else have something they'd like to present?  Or something
they'd like to see covered?

We tried last year to have a session on Games and a session on COM
(aka InstallShield); any other hot topics that are obvious?

Cheers,

Jer