Uni of Stuttgart ok with Wineconf

Ulrich Gemkow gemkow at ikr.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 4 12:56:17 CST 2005

Hello,

please let me add some comments on this...

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:29:19AM -0700, Brian Vincent wrote:
> As it was written in the Book of Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>:
> > This is great!  It seems like 4/23 is the weekend that worked
> > best for Brian, and Brian has done enough work organizing this
> > that we owe him that change, imho.
>
> Excellent news!  I just confirmed those dates will definitely work for me.
> If that causes a problem for anyone else I can be flexible, but it sounds
> like it might work best.
>
> I think we've agreed on the following:
>
>  1) The event will be non-commercial in the sense we don't make money on
>     it.  CodeWeavers and WRS will provide $$$ and support to help pull
>     this event off.

This is required for the university to host wineconf. We see this as
an opportunity to support open source software.

>  2) Wineconf will be hosted at the University of Stuttgart.
>
>  3) The criteria for meeting space we came up with seems pretty solid.  I
>     included it at the bottom of this email in case anyone wants to review
>     it again.  Included are room sizes and other requirements.

It seems you missed to add the information, I need this to look for the
rooms.

> I think this is current working list of things to do:
>
>  1) Confirm we have 3 rooms at the University that will meet the criteria
>     we came up with.  I think it's better to try to get 3 now, then try
>     to add another later.  Of course, if 3 is a problem then we can make
>     2 work.  WRS will need confirmation of that.  Confirm by 1/8?

After having the info how many rooms of which sizes are needed, I have
to check with our central administration that the required rooms are
free and not reserved for other purposes. For this I need some time.

Please wait with further broader announcements until we have the
room reservation confirmed by our central administration.

>  2) WRS will help locate lodging near the University.  Lodging package by
>     1/14?

I can give some information on this if this helps

>  3) Send a message to wine-devel and let everyone know dates, times,
>     places, and a plan for putting together an agenda.  I think we
>     should solicit wine-devel for ideas about how we should structure
>     the presentations.  I think last year CodeWeavers had it about 97%
>     right but we did discuss adding multiple tracks this year.  I can put
>     this message together unless Jeremy wants to do it.  Preview of message
>     on 1/8 sent to this list, message sent to wine-devel on 1/10.  (Keep
>     in mind if I send the message on 1/10 there can still be a discussion
>     on that day because of the timezone I'm in.)
>
>  4) Put together a simple website similar to last year's so we can
>     distribute all the info from the above.  Jeremy - do you think you
>     can free up Newman sometime this week to do it?  Tentative web site
>     by 1/14?  Or, I can put it together somewhere on WineHQ if no one
>     minds me doing the cvs commits.
>
> To Jeremy's point, anyone can subscribe to this list, but at the moment
> the discussion is around planning the event not discussing the specifics
> of people's travel arrangements.
>
> Can anyone else think of what needs to be done?
>
> Thanks Michael for looking into this and thank you Mr. Gemkow for the
> generous offer!

Hope this helps, Greetings

Ulrich

|-----