Wineconf thoughts for next year

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed May 4 05:00:23 CDT 2005

Jeremy White wrote:

> The thinking is to accomplish two things:
>   1.  No internet in the meeting rooms
>   2.  Internet readily available right there
>       (next room)
>   3.  A structure that makes being in the room
>       optional (so no one is hurt if you are
>       checking email).

For one thing, if you don't have to climb all over other people in order
to get out....

> The thought was maybe to try for more rooms or
> more spaces within a large room, and then have
> 'discussion groups', that people can flow in
> and out of, rather than the more formal 'lecture
> style' we ended up with.  (Or perhaps a bit
> of a balance in that).

I think the lectures are important. We have had lots of discussions
anyways, which was a direct result of the number of recesses (which is a
good thing). I think occasional lectures are a good thing, as they give
us something to discuss....

> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy

          Shachar