How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:37:46 CST 2007

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wineconf/2006-December/000378.html

> 3.  Europe really lends itself well to hosting it.  That's where the
> majority of developers seem to be and the travel is easy.  I don't
> think the US will attract nearly as many people.

With this logic you are suggesting all future conferences should be
held in Europe?
To be fair to the minority shouldn't the conference be held in the US
every third or fourth year?

I believe we should resolve this issue as well, and the sooner the
better. Not the actual location but the continent on which it will be
held on a given year. I recommend a three to one ratio, then at least
we will have some idea on the location of future conferences.
  Then we can vote on the locations within a given continent and not
have to squabble each and every year over continent and location.

Tom