How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Feb 9 13:36:29 CST 2007

Lodging, I'm not sure. There are plenty of hotels around, probably
hostels as well but I'd have to check.

Pubs and so on, yes lots. It's not a big city, so very easy to get
around on foot or by tram. Cars not required (even considered
harmful). Only issue is that the pubs/bars can get pretty busy ...