How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Feb 12 12:28:02 CST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:57:06AM -0600, Jeremy White wrote:
> Mike Hearn wrote:
> > Lodging, I'm not sure. There are plenty of hotels around, probably
> > hostels as well but I'd have to check.
>
> Hmm.  A quick poke on this web site:
>   http://www.hotel-zurich.net/
> suggests that Zurich is a bit pricy for lodging (roughly 92 Euros / night;
> I looked for September).

92 Euros? That's nothing... if you manage to hit the right parking lot
somewhere in Zurich (some area which belongs to Hotel Senator)
this will get "upgraded" to 492 Euros per night...
But since these "slightly less than gentlemanish" tactics
(boldly manipulating fully paid parking timers etc.)
have had their fair share of open news publicity lately I'd guess
that they've been quickly taken down and shot now.
(and yes, this parking scandal has been exquisitely performed with
nice inactivity/cooperation by local police *rolleyes*)

More info at (WARNING: German ahead)
http://www.20min.ch/news/dossier/abgeschleppt/story/12146736

> But it sures seems like a good fit in a lot of other ways...

Yup, would be rather close for me as well, and my wife looooooves
Switzerland.

Andreas