Announcing WineConf 2007

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:36:51 CDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up, Steven.  Do you know whether that applies to
> passport renewals, too?

No problem....my son and new wife both don't have one so I am going to
be bit by this.

I assume it applies to everything including renewals. The recent
changes requiring passport for re-entry from Canada, Mexico and the
Bahamas have caused a 3 million application backlog. Apparently
congress or DHS decided it would be a good idea to get everyone using
them but did not allocate any additional agents to process the
applications. The only solution I've read has been, to fudge your
dates a little for when your trip is (line 18 on the application form)
and then call and email the passport information center everyday after
3 or 4 weeks to get them expedite it (1-877-487-2778 /
NPIC at state.gov). There is an extra fee you can pay to have it rushed
but according to everything I've read that has not helped at all and
even having someone from your congressman's office pester them has not
helped to speed up processing.

--
Steven Edwards