Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at
Fri Oct 2 12:42:59 CDT 2009

Hi Paul,

It took some time to put things into motion. Over the past couple of
days Julius and I spoke to a lot of people from the university and
most were quite interested. Early next week we hope to have a meeting
with the study association from computer science, to discuss our plans
(we have made some). Depending on the results of that meeting we will
decide whether WinePreConf takes place or not. I hope to bring some
good news soon :)


On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Paul Vriens < at> wrote:
> On 09/21/2009 11:50 PM, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Jeremy White<jwhite at>  wrote:
>>>> What do you guys think about it? I really think there is an interest
>>>> in this and I think the university might be willing to help as well.
>>> I think it's a nifty idea.  The key catch would be getting a space
>>> for the meeting; if the University can help with that, I think it
>>> would work great.
>> Space is not really an issue.
>>> Of course, you locals would need to drive the effort, as
>>> many of us will be inbound during that time.  I'd be cheerful
>>> to sit in the back and heckle, presuming my flight isn't delayed
>>> and I make it in time.
>> I would organize it together with Julius and perhaps some others. The
>> main thing we need from 'Wine' are 2 people who can give a
>> presentation and what it should be about. I'll try to ask some people
>> around here for input.
>>> Also, we should note that anyone wishing to attend Wineconf
>>> but not stay at the hotel should still let us know so we can
>>> plan to have food for you.
>> At least I will be there (and can't say for others). I also talked a
>> bit with Julius and Hans and likely we will eat somewhere in the
>> center of Enschede at least on Saturday. The restaurants on the campus
>> (or close to here) can be good as well but in the center you also have
>> some pubs and it has a nicer atmosphere.
>> Finally if we would need some funds for this (I don't think it is
>> needed but in the worst case we might need at max 200 euro or so
>> perhaps for drinks or other things), would the Wine Fund be able to
>> assist?
>> Roderick
> Hi Roderick,
> Is this still going to happen? If so, I'd probably head over to Enschede a
> bit earlier than planned.
> --
> Cheers,
> Paul.
> _______________________________________________
> wineconf mailing list
> wineconf at

More information about the wineconf mailing list