When are people arriving?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:00:55 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Hans Leidekker <hans at meelstraat.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 31 October 2009 17:44:43 Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
>
>> > Btw, do we have a Pub of the Evening for Friday?
>>
>> I'm not fully sure what Hans has planned but I believe we will have
>> dinner at 1800. The Drienerburgt might have its own pub (to be honest
>> I have never been inside) at least 20m and 50m away there will be a
>> cafe and a pub, so be assured there is beer ;)
>
> Dinner at 18:00 is on Saturday, no arrangements have been made for
> Friday. The conference hotel has a bar but doesn't serve ad hoc meals
> so you'll need to go elsewhere to get food.
>
> I'm told there are two places that serve meals on the campus but they
> close relatively early, at 19:30 and 20:00.
>
>  -Hans

Correct we have two places a basic student restaurant called 'Mensa'
it is not that great and costs roughly 5 euro a person. A better one
is called 'De Stek' and it has a 'meal of the day' which costs 6.50
euro and they also serve other things like steaks, I think the most
expensive thing you can have there is 14 euro or so which is quite
cheap. There are also other restaurants which are about 15 minutes on
foot from the hotel (there is also bowling, cinema, go karts .. over
there).

How many people would be interested for dinner on Friday? I think if
there is demand that we should make a reservation for 'De Stek' it is
really a nicer place than the Mensa in which you are done in 15
minutes and then are still hungry.

Roderick