Good time to arrive and leave WineConf?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jul 18 19:05:01 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking to book tickets soon and was wondering if there are good times
> to arrive and come back.
> For example I like Paris and would not mind arriving on Thursday and leaving
> perhaps Monday morning or late Sunday but I don't know when others plan to
> arrive or leave. Do these sound like reasonable dates?
>
> I dont really know anyone in Paris so I don't want to be there all by
> myself.

I was somewhat foolishly hoping to rope a few people into renting
bicycles and doing a day tour somewhere the day before Wineconf.
Haven't thought it through yet, though.

For what it's worth, the city has cheap bike rental stands all over,
http://www.velib.paris.fr/
though the bikes are said to be heavy, and you have to
use a credit card *with a microchip* (US ones lack them)
to rent there.
- Dan