Hotel Deal for WineConf is expiring this Friday - book now!

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 01:44:26 CDT 2011

Jeremy,

On 09/14/2011 09:30 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
> The hotel is going to release the special deal hold we have on rooms
> this Friday.  So if you haven't booked a room yet, I'm afraid the rate
> is likely to jump up starting Friday.
>
> So...I would stop procrastinating, and get a room.
>
> To make matters even trickier, it is important that you call, rather
> than do it over the internet, and you have to make sure to talk to staff
> at the hotel, not someone at the national chain headquarters.
>
> Only the local staff has the Wineconf deal information ($99/night).
>
> So, call now, 1-612-332-6800, operators are standing by!
not really. Is there another magic trick cause I keep failing to book.
They play Ring around the Rosie.
Either I get routed directly to their national chain headquarters as
soon as I mention "book a room". Or they transfer me to their sales
office because "they cannot book the special group rates". And at the
sales office I either hit the voice mail because nobody is there or if I
hit a human he tells me a.) I'm wrong there as he doesn't do room
bookings but he'll help me out b.) The special rate is sold out but
he'll helpfully send me to the voice mail of the sales rep handling that
deal who "will be back next morning". No, I didn't speak on the voice
mail as that never works out with international numbers. And I kept
missing their magical "next morning" they were talking about as the job
kept me freaking busy the last 2 weeks.

So it looks like I'll have to sleep under a bridge.
</rant>

bye
	michael