Video recording the keynote

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Thu Sep 29 03:49:29 CDT 2011

Hi,

I had planned to video record the keynote this year.
As I can't be there this year perhaps someone else could do it...

I know the consensus is usually "be there or be square" ;) but the
current technology should make it pretty easy and non intrusive.

My concept would have been: Simple recording device, Simple setup.

* Small HD video camcorders are all the rage these days, if someone has one
  for usage, this could be it.

* If using a Digital Still Camera: Do not record HD as this is limited to
  5 minutes usually (due to license issues of h.264). Use smaller resolution
  640x480 which is motion jpeg but usually the camera takes video as long as
  it fits the SD card.

* Or... using a Android phone or iPhone or other video capable smartphone.
  My Samsung Galaxy S2 seems to be able record video with just the memory as limitation.

  (Test if it takes video longer than 5 minutes a piece before using ;)

* Do from first or second seating row to get sound, just make sure Alexandre is in frame ;)

* Slides recognizability is not necessary (hoping that Alexandre uploads them later on).

* All likely possible without a tripod.

* Just the keynote would make all not coming folks feel in touch. :)

Ciao, Marcus