Warning on trains and Google

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 15 11:39:21 CDT 2015

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought it worth
repeating:  Google apparently does not have a relationship with the
Vienna transport folks, so Google maps transit routing is pretty bad.

There also appear to be a plethora of choices of ways to get from the
airport to the hotel.  Two, count 'em, two, trains, and a bus, without
even getting to taxis or other options.  I stashed what I learned via
Google on the WineConf2015 page.

(My plan is to take the OBB S7 train to Wien Mitte, and then the U3 to
Westbahnhof and the hotel).

Cheers,

Jeremy