[Bug 2250] New: Clipboard functionality across processes does not work
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Tue May 25 19:31:17 CDT 2004
Summary: Clipboard functionality across processes does not work
AssignedTo: wine-bugs at winehq.org
ReportedBy: krishna.murthy at guptaworldwide.com
The Clipboard functionality across processes does not work. The data copied to
the clipboard using SetClipBoardData() with any format(CF_TEXT, CF_BITMAP,
etc) exists as long as the process which copied the data to Clipboard is
active/alive. And will be cleared once the owner process is destroyed.
To see this issue, follow the steps given below:
- Start the attached sample Clipboard application (wine Clipboard.exe.
Attached in ClipboardExe.Zip)
- Enter the data in the edit control. Highlight some text. Click on menu item
Copy (This copies the data to clipboard with format CF_TEXT)
- Now see paste menu. This will be enabled and could paste the data. Also the
other process could see this data and access for pasting purposes. Clicking on
Paste menu item will paste the new data copied to clipboard.
- NOW close the application.
- Start the application again (wine Clipboard.exe)
- Now see the state of menu item Paste, which will be in Gray/Disable state.
Meaning data is not available. Now the other process also cannot see the data!
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs