[Bug 3254] Google Talk unable to connect
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Sun Jun 25 01:29:02 CDT 2006
girlblossom at gmail.com changed:
What |Removed |Added
Attachment #1457 is|0 |1
------- Additional Comments From girlblossom at gmail.com 2006-25-06 01:29 -------
Created an attachment (id=2739)
logs for googletalk using various dll overrides
Ok, a number of things:
1. I was doing my testing earlier under a amd64 gentoo install. For these
tests I did a clean install of x86 ubuntu, just to be sure the "ELF32 Binary"
errors were wine's and not mine. The results seem to be the same however.
2. I am not sure if it is something new with wine or something new with the new
googletalk builds but it now seems to require a dll override of riched20 and
riched32. Without these overrides, no text shows up on the screen.
3. I am aware that googletalk *text chat* works with gaim and all other
jabber-compliant clients. I am also aware that there are other VOIP tools for
linux. I want the voice features of googletalk on linux so I can talk with my
friends and do not want to ask them to install Skype, etc. Anyway, that is a
different discussion different discussion.
4. Ok, I ran a bunch of tests using different dll override combinations. All
of the overrides use riched20 and riched32. and were obtained using the line
"WINEDEBUG=err+all,fixme+all,warn+all,-nls wine googletalk.exe". (I was getting
an endless stream of nls errors which I think have little to do with the
problem, so I suppressed them for sanity's sake).
Also, I was getting errors about rsaenh so I threw that in a couple of times.
I think that might be what needs to be implemented to get this working.
Every single combination gave the same result: the app locked up while trying
to connect and had to be killed (except for with ole32 which crashed on
- crypt32, msasn1, schannel, secur32
- crypt32, msasn1, rsaenh, schannel, secur32
- crypt32, msasn1, ole32, rpcrt4, schannel, secur32 [this crashed]
- crypt32, msasn1, rpcrt4, schannel, secur32
- crypt32, msasn1, rpcrt4, rsaenh, schannel, secur32
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs