[Bug 7178] New: long pause when Warcraft 3 is returning from LAN
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Mon Jan 15 04:06:34 CST 2007
Summary: long pause when Warcraft 3 is returning from LAN screen
AssignedTo: wine-bugs at winehq.org
ReportedBy: damjan.jov at gmail.com
When returning from the LAN game page to the main menu, Warcraft 3 hangs for
about 5 seconds (the sound stutters and the graphics freeze).
Bug occurs from 0.9.27 up to and including 0.9.29 (so far), regression testing
revealed this patch as the cause:
(Ironically, this patch fixes another timeout bug in Warcraft 3)
A +tid,+winsock trace reveals that:
- There is 2 (relevant) threads
- One thread keeps polling the socket with select().
- The other thread calls closesocket() upon exit from the LAN menu.
- Without the patch causing the regression, the polling thread polls once more,
select returns 0, and then it stops polling.
- With the patch that causes the regression, the polling thread polls, select
returns 1, and then it calls select and WSARecvFrom again and again for about 5
- Patching WS_select to return 0 does not fix the problem.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs