[Bug 7643] Supreme Commander crashes during play
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Sun Mar 11 14:21:33 CDT 2007
------- Additional Comments From liquitsnake at gmx.net 2007-11-03 14:21 -------
There are 2 patches for the game.
3217 which I use right now, which needs to be cracked in order to work
3220 which was released a few days ago, but I can't test it since my PC crashes
when I put load on it (need a new PSU). You need to patch to 3217 first.
3220 removes the CD-check! Gotta love the people at Gas Powered Games :)
Did you try using any of those? 3220 is said to fix a crash bug in Windows.
As soon as my PC works well again, I will test this myself.
There shouldn't be any problems finding 3217, here's some mirrors for 3220:
- Blue screen crashes: Resolved an issue where some users were experiencing hard
crashes after applying the 3189->3217 patch.
- SecuROM: The disc-check security feature has been removed (except for Polish,
Russian, and Chinese-Traditional releases).
- Language Updates: Polish Unicode fix for some missions' localization data.
- MP Exploit Enhancement System: The game now verifies that an enhancement order
is valid before proceeding.
- Mini UI: Construction manager, Queue manager, and Selection manager now
stretch horizontally to fill the bottom of the screen.
- In-Game Chat
* Shift+Enter now sends chat to allies.
*Incoming messages will no longer prevent strategic zoom function or display
* Messages should no longer disappear in an active chat window.
Special Note: 8-Player Games: A known issue exists for Update 3220, where some
8-player games experience crashes during gameplay. Initial testing indicates a
memory allocation issue. However, stats indicate that 8-player games are
approximately .5% of all games being played, so our decision was to release the
update with this known issue.
Special Note: SecuROM and Mod Users: If you have modified your game in order to
defeat SecuROM disk authentication (or performed any modification, for that
matter), it is likely that Update 3220 will cause problems for you. To correct
this, you must uninstall Supreme Commander, reinstall and then connect to GPGnet
to patch up.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs