[Bug 22925] Hearts of Iron III demo - crashes on startup (-O0 vs -O2)
wine-bugs at winehq.org
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Sun May 6 14:57:23 CDT 2012
Wylda <wylda at volny.cz> changed:
What |Removed |Added
Summary|Hearts of Iron III - |Hearts of Iron III demo -
|crashes on startup (-O0 vs |crashes on startup (-O0 vs
--- Comment #14 from Wylda <wylda at volny.cz> 2012-05-06 14:57:23 CDT ---
(In reply to comment #13)
> I don't think it has anything to do with that commit anyway.
Hi Alexandre, i did some re-test with the demo and full game, but to make it
less confusing i change the subj, so this bug will be just about demo version.
It still happens to me. Demo crashes immediately when running -O0 and with -O2
i can enter the game and see it's menu. Just in case someone with more
knowledge than me would like to look at it, i provide step by step i did today
I changed the steps compared to AppDB, because it can be simpler (no need for
.Net in case of demo, full DirectX...):
1) I compiled wine-1.5.3 once with -O0 and in another dir once again with -O2
2) I installed the Hoi 3 demo
3) I manually took vcomp.dll (md5: 73dbaa64d589f3262615550dd6881fee) + it's
OpenMP manifest file from vcrun2005sp1 (2011-06-07), put them into appropriate
4) I copied from Directx Jun2010 d3dx9_36.dll (md5:
44bfec5c9c82a2ee9871d88fd3b9a0e2) into /windows/system32
5) I copied from Directx Feb2010 quartz.dll (md5:
6b6e934bee7aa98a5eed62c6c8506612) into /windows/system32. It's interesting,
that latest quartz.dll from fully patched WinXP doesn't work at all and crashes
immediately, thus i used Feb2010's.
6) Set in winecfg d3dx9_36 + quartz + vcomp to native.
7) Set windowed mode 800x600 in winecfg
8) wine regsvr32 quartz.dll
9) HKCU/Software/Wine/DirectSound/MaxShadowSize to "0"
10) Try running wine hoi3.exe compiled with -O0 and then -O2.
For me, -O0 crashes immediately and -O2 runs fine. The code is same so this
shouldn’t be regression, it's all pretty fragile for regression testing and i
don't have deeper knowledge to process this further. Let's mark it as invalid,
if anyone would be interested, feel free to reopen - recipe above.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.
More information about the wine-bugs