Austin English : README: Update some outdated information.
julliard at winehq.org
Sat Feb 16 09:57:33 CST 2008
Author: Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 16:14:36 2008 -0600
README: Update some outdated information.
README | 12 ++++++------
1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README b/README
index e3853ac..913e734 100644
@@ -44,8 +44,9 @@ Linux info:
it's best to have a current kernel such as 2.4.x or 2.6.x.
- Wine should build on FreeBSD 5.x, but versions before FreeBSD 6.2 will
- generally not work properly.
+ Wine should build on FreeBSD 5.x, but versions before FreeBSD 7.0 will
+ generally not work properly. FreeBSD 6.3 has patches available to allow
+ Wine to run. See <http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine> for more information.
More information can be found in the FreeBSD ports tree at
@@ -67,10 +68,9 @@ Mac OS X info:
Supported file systems:
Wine should run on most file systems. However, Wine will fail to start
if umsdos is used for the /tmp directory. A few compatibility problems have
- also been reported using files accessed through Samba. Also, as NTFS
- can only be used safely with readonly access for now, we recommend against
- using NTFS, as Windows programs need write access almost everywhere.
- In case of NTFS files, copy over to a writable location.
+ also been reported using files accessed through Samba. Also, NTFS does not
+ provide all the file system features needed by some applications.
+ Using a native Linux file system such as ext3 is recommended.
You need to have the X11 development include files installed
More information about the wine-cvs