OpenGL Visual Management ... continued.

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Apr 15 18:01:37 CDT 2001

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Gavriel State wrote:

> Ok - I just submitted a patch that takes care of this.  Basically, since
> we're now using a private colormap even when doing 'shared' color, we
> have to copy the most important colors out of the default colormap to
> avoid colormap flashing.  I chose 128, since it was the first power of
> 2 that let kdm's graduated-color title bars display properly.  It's
> user-adjustable in the config file though ([x11drv]/CopyDefaultColors).

AFAICT, it makes no difference.  At 8 bpp, with the pointer on the wine
desktop, the entire X display is black & white.  With the pointer off
the desktop, it still looks like it is run with a VGA16 server, well,
maybe VGA32, if there were such a thing.  I might have missed a patch in
that flurry of msvcrt patches, but I don't think so.  Maybe we barked up
the wrong tree?  At 16 bpp, all is well.  I tried
"CopyDefaultColors" = "256", but it didn't seem to make any difference.

> As far as the other thing goes, everything turned out very well. 8-)

Good-oh.

>  -dad at aladara.com
>
> --
> Gavriel State, CEO