OpenGL Visual Management ... continued.

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Sun Apr 15 23:36:10 CDT 2001

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> AFAICT, it makes no difference.  At 8 bpp, with the pointer on the wine
> desktop, the entire X display is black & white.  With the pointer off
> the desktop, it still looks like it is run with a VGA16 server, well,
> maybe VGA32, if there were such a thing.  I might have missed a patch in
> that flurry of msvcrt patches, but I don't think so.  Maybe we barked up
> the wrong tree?  At 16 bpp, all is well.  I tried
> "CopyDefaultColors" = "256", but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Can you double-check that you applied the patch correctly?  I was experiencing
exactly the behaviour you describe on my system in 8-bit mode, and the patch
(included again, just in case) does a good job of fixing it on my machine.

If this fix isn't the right one, I'm at a loss to explain what's going on.

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO
TransGaming Technologies Inc.