SEH logging

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Apr 17 12:29:24 CDT 2001

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    In this implementation exception.c reuses format_exception_msg()
> which is normally used to display the dialog box asking whether to debug
> the exception or not. Since this is all in ntdll it works.

Actually win32/except.c is part of kernel, it's only linked in ntdll
now because separation is not finished. So you cannot call
format_exception_msg from ntdll. And anyway this would print
"unhandled xxx" for all exceptions, which is misleading since they
might be handled later on.

Also I don't think the core exception routines should know about
specific exception codes like EXCEPTION_WINE_STUB. If you want a
message on stubs, it should be done in the .spec.c file before the
call to RtlRaiseException.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com