InstallShield and ole question...

Daniel Walker diwalker at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 22 09:55:03 CDT 2001

Marcus Meissner wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 10:42:24AM -0400, Mike Bond wrote:

> > My question, is anyone currently working on implementing CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER
> > in compobj.c:CoGetClassObject, or have plans to work on this in the near
> > future? If not, I may go back to trying to figure out what is happening
> > with the 'native' configuration.
>
> This will require a lot of work, basically you will need to implement
> all of the OLE out of process, marshalling, rpc stuff.
>
> This is not a trivial 100 line patch, its more like 20000+ lines.

	The CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER is used for function calls in another process
on the same machine. So you wouldn't need any rpc, and I wouldn't think
you would need marshalling .. In the case of InstallShield v6 it isn't
really requesting anything from another process. It's requesting an
object from an EXE, instead of a DLL.

							Daniel Walker