InstallShield and ole question...

juergen.schmied at debitel.net juergen.schmied at debitel.net
Fri Apr 27 07:48:43 CDT 2001

> As for doing the 10k+ lines of coding myself, I have experience in
> (de)marshalling and network coding, spent many years doing it, it's more a
> matter of available time and learning the com wire protocols, neither of which
> are currently available to me. Here's to hoping someone is already working on
> it ;).
For local marshalling we could use our own protocol and even our own way of ipc if we don't try to mix processes with native and wine com-dll's. It com server is only interested in the result ;-). And isn't the com marshalling similar to the dce one?
For networking - the dcom protocoll is documented (IMHO).

juergen