SNOOP: How to find out if an DLL entry is a DATA reference?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Aug 14 13:36:49 CDT 2001

Uwe Bonnes <bon at> writes:

> However I like to ask if there are other methods of distinguishing DATA and
> function references? Could the PE loader perhaps know? Or can we perhaps
> protect our snoop entries from being read as data and catch those exceptions?
> Any other idea?

I don't think there's any way to make snoop 100% reliable, the PE file
simply doesn't contain enough information. This is the reason we have
to build special tables in the builtin dlls for relay debugging.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at