Powerdvd running under linux

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Aug 29 21:08:14 CDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Robert Lowery wrote:

> Hi I have a graphics card with an SIS6326 chipset.
> Under Windows 98 (using PowerDVD), I get fantastic performance on my Pention
> 233MMX as it supports YUV->RGB, Motion Compensation and iDCT in hardware.
> This chipset is not currently supported under Linux.
> What do you think the chances are of PowerDVD working with hardware
> acceleration under WINE/WINEX?

   Before the chipset is supported by Linux?

   Once XFree86 provides XVideo support for your chipset (or even
better, the newer brand of XVideo, the one that also include motion
compensation, I don't remember the name), then you may get hardware
acceleration in Wine. But I think that currently DDraw does not support
hardware acceleration for these things. So it will probably require some
work on Wine too.

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.