Various OSS fixes

Ian D . Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Sat Dec 15 17:10:19 CST 2001

On 2001.12.15 15:38:43 -0500 eric pouech wrote:
> > I tried applying this against build 20011108, and got the following
> error
> > message:
> >
> >         23 out of 41 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> > dlls/winmm/wineoss/audio.c.rej
> >
> > Do I need to upgrade (or downgrade) Wine before applying this patch?
> upgrade wine. there's been other upgrades to audio.c between
> 20011108 and this patch. however, the patch is now in CVS, so upgrading
> from CVS should give you all the modifications

Thanx Eric,

I recently downloaded and installed wine source from CVS.  The old errors
I was seeing have gone away, but I am now seeing a new error:

	This sound card's driver does not support direct access
         The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

Not sure if it's related or not, but after installing from CVS, Baldur's
Gate, which was running, admittedly not particularly elegantly, now dies
after a few seconds.  Now error messages or anything.  It just quits.

I'm using the onboard sound from an Intel i810e mother board, if that
helps any.

Regards,
Ian

--
Linux, the choice          | Don't hit the keys so hard, it hurts. of a
GNU generation   -o)  | Kernel 2.4.15-gr       /\  | on a i686