debugger fix

Ulrich Weigand weigand at
Sun Feb 4 11:04:35 CST 2001

Eric Pouech wrote:

> > Could you send me the file that objcopy
> > is choking on?  I'd like to look whether there's something
> > strange with that.
> here it is... (I've used instead, because it's smaller, but
> effects are the same)

Well, one difference I see is that yours has a .rel.stabs section,
while mine doesn't.  Now I don't quite understand why stabs need
to be relocated, but I guess this could be a source of confusion.
In any case, after I strip the stabs data using objcopy --strip-debug,
I can subsequently use objcopy -N without problems.

The problem might be caused by the objcopy -L step not correctly
updating the debug info.  Could you try adding a --debugging
argument to objcopy in both localize_imports and strip_imports?

  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  weigand at