debugger fix

Jon Griffiths tntjpgriff at tsnxt.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 02:14:50 CST 2001

Hi,

> Perhaps it'd be nice to tie up all these memory issues with some kind
> of kernel patch... a way to read/write and generally mess with another
> process's memory that was broader and more efficient that p-trace.

Something like that would be great for Linux, not sure how it could work with
closed unices though. I've been trying to figure out the server and it does't
look like anything currently implemented does anything like I wanted to do,
so you're right, it probably wouldn't get accepted even if it could be used.

Maybe I'll find something else to dabble with for now :-/

Cheers,
Jon

--
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come,
  Dont you sit around and waste this chance ..." -Live

tntjpgriff at tsnxt.co.uk , jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com