No implementation for shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA)

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Sat Feb 10 16:42:15 CST 2001

I've tried to install several programs under Wine (the most recent being
Delorme's AAA MapNGo V6.0) and I consistently get this error:

err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA) imported from shell32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufW) imported from shell32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

Always followed by the app calling StrRetToBufW and dying. It looks to
me like this function does exist in the code.

I've tried forcing my system to use the native DLL, to use the Wine DLL,
to no avail. Any pointers on where to go from here?