Eyes requested

Ian Pilcher pilcher at concentric.net
Sun Feb 11 19:04:02 CST 2001

Jon Griffiths wrote:

> I don't know anything about the Win32 print API, but style wise I tend to
> stay away from alloca(). It screws up exception handling because it messes
> with the stack, and is machine dependant. Maybe LocalAlloc() would be a
> better choice?

According to the Microsoft web site, LocalAlloc is deprecated in favor
of HeapAlloc and friends.

Can anyone comment on whether using alloca will mess up Wine?  (Jon's
comment seems to imply that he avoids alloca on general principles,
rather than for Wine-specific reasons.) Does Wine use exceptions?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher at concentric.net