One step forward two steps back

Eric Pouech Eric.Pouech at
Mon Feb 12 15:31:18 CST 2001

Alan Chandler wrote:
> I noticed that when using winedbg, in konsole of kde, I got an error
> trying to create the debug terminal.  I checked and realised that I
> did not have xterm installed.
ok. i'll make a more explicit message

> Now, when I start winedbg it briefly creates the xterm and almost
> immediately closes and exits.  I don't even get to a first breakpoint
> before starting the programme, although xterm does have time to
> complain that it can't find font vga and that its using fixed.
could you:
1/ set up the debugger to full trace. To do so, open the
~/.wine/user.reg file, and set in key [User\\<the_user>\\Software\\Wine\\WineDbg]
the values
2/ then run wine with -debugmsg +console,+seh
3/ rerun and post the resulting trace (compressed plz)

Eric Pouech (
"The future will be better tomorrow", Vice President Dan Quayle