Should Wine use alloca or not?

Jon Griffiths tntjpgriff at
Tue Feb 13 03:15:29 CST 2001

On Monday 12 February 2001 15:33, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > > So perhaps we should debate whether we should use alloca or not.

It seems this has been decided. I haven't examined or used alloca in years,
so its possible that my personal objections don't apply in todays
implementations ( a quick test shows gcc on i386 _doesn't_ use a function
call these days, for example, so thats no longer a valid reason). So rather
than saying its evil, I'll tone down to it simply being unesessary, and
continue to avoid it for (no doubt dubious) reasons of 'style'.

"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come,
  Dont you sit around and waste this chance ..." -Live

tntjpgriff at , jon_p_griffiths at