Should Wine use alloca or not?

Jon Griffiths tntjpgriff at tsnxt.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 03:15:29 CST 2001

On Monday 12 February 2001 15:33, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > > So perhaps we should debate whether we should use alloca or not.

It seems this has been decided. I haven't examined or used alloca in years,
so its possible that my personal objections don't apply in todays
implementations ( a quick test shows gcc on i386 _doesn't_ use a function
call these days, for example, so thats no longer a valid reason). So rather
than saying its evil, I'll tone down to it simply being unesessary, and
continue to avoid it for (no doubt dubious) reasons of 'style'.

Cheers,
Jon

--
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come,
  Dont you sit around and waste this chance ..." -Live

tntjpgriff at tsnxt.co.uk , jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com