New EnumPrinterDataEx

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Feb 13 13:24:15 CST 2001

Ian Pilcher <pilcher at concentric.net> writes:

> In theory, yes.  But what about the case of a mistake on my part (or
> the part of the person who implemented the underlying call)?  We all
> do everything possible to produce error-free code, but mistakes *do*
> happen.

IMHO the likelihood that your macros are going to introduce new bugs
is larger than the likelihood that you are ever going to catch a
legitimate failure from HeapFree(). Not to mention that there are
already WARNs in the heap code that will catch the problem first, so
your messages are redundant.

Checking for errors is good if you actually handle failures; but if
you don't do anything it just obscures the code for no good reason.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com