VerQueryValue[A|W]

James Hatheway james at macadamian.com
Thu Feb 15 07:14:09 CST 2001

> > To convert an ASCII string to Unicode, you can use the
> > function HEAP_strdupAtoW, as in:
> >
> > wide_str = HEAP_strdupAtoW(GetProcessHeap(), 0, AsciiStr);
>
> Please don't.  Use the win32 api instead, eg:

Oops, that will teach me to answer emails after midnight. ^_^
Of course, you are right, the Win32 API is the way to go.

HEAP_strdupAtoW is used all over the place in WINE,
perhaps someday we should change them all to use the proper
Win32 API?

-James
--
James Hatheway
Work: james at macadamian.com ~ http://www.macadamian.com
Home: jhatheway at home.com

  "Man könnte froh sein, wenn die Luft so rein wäre wie das Bier"
  "One could be happy if the air were as pure as the beer"